Vehicle Graphic Warranty
What is Covered?
Should they occur to a degree exceeding what constitutes normal aging of graphics, Advantage Marketing Solutions warrants its products against the following: fading, discoloration, crazing, peeling, pitting.
What is Not Covered?
- Natural weathering, gradual reduction in gloss, slight color changes, some lifting of the graphics at the edges.
- Graphics lifting from recessed areas.
- Graphics damaged as a result of improper car washing or physical damage caused by contact with foreign objects such as road debris, tree branches, car keys, etc.
- Labor to replace damaged graphics unless installed by Advantage Marketing Solutions.
What You Can Expect From Us
If your warranty claim is justified, Advantage Marketing Solutions will replace that product which is faulty. If Advantage Marketing Solutions installed your graphics and your claim is justified, your remedy will include labor to remove damaged graphics and install new. If Advantage Marketing Solutions did not install your graphics, no provision or remedy to cover labor for reinstallation will be made. In no case will Advantage Marketing Solutions be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages resulting from product use.
How Long Is The Warranty?
Computer-cut vinyl graphics, unprinted: 5 years
Thermally-printed graphics: 3 years/2 years in high-sun states*
Gold leaf products made from SignGold 22kt gold film: 5 years; product must be hand-washed only
Scotchprint full-color graphics on vehicles: 5 years/3 years in high-sun states*
* AZ, NM, desert CA, NV, UT, TX, FL
What Are Your Obligations?
The ability of a graphic to survive its full expected life depends on many factors beyond control of the manufacturer. Lifespan is influenced far more by matters under the control of the applicator and user than of the manufacturer. In order for your Advantage Marketing Solutions warranty to apply, you must:
- Clean the surface: follow 3M Instruction Bulletin 5.1 Application: Substrate Selection, Preparation and Substrate-Specific Application Techniques. Note that vehicle surfaces require both General Cleaning and Solvent Cleaning. See end of this document for instructions in obtaining 3M Bulletins.
- Applicators: graphics must be applied by trained, professional applicators. Other applicators assume all risk and responsibility.
- Product misuse – Advantage Marketing Solutions offers no warranty for graphics which are not installed, used or cared for in compliance with 3M bulletins
- Inspection prior to application: graphics must be inspected prior to application and returned to Advantage Marketing Solutions if suspect. Users who proceed to apply a graphic suspected of having a manufacturing defect void any claim or warranty.
- Car washing (after application) – See Advantage Marketing Solutions ‘Caring For Your Wrap‘ for details on accepted washing. Do not wash the vehicle for three days following application.
- Wax – do not apply any wax directly over graphics.
How Complaints Will Be Evaluated
Visual assessment of the problem is required. Advantage Marketing Solutions reserves the right to choose from one of the following means of evaluating complaints:
- Return of the unapplied graphics
- Photos of applied graphics
- Third party assessment by 3M Technical Service
Verbal descriptions of product problems are not sufficient.
Steps To Take When You Have A Problem
- Stop. Do not apply suspect graphics. Phone Advantage Marketing Solutions at once.
- Suspect graphics must be returned to Advantage Marketing Solutions before any assessment can be done.
- Upon inspection of the graphics, Advantage Marketing Solutions will make the appropriate remedy.
Installed Graphics: Document the problem. Compile the following information before calling:
- Vehicle make, model, year, unit number (if applicable)
- Detailed description of problem
- Extent of problem: how many vehicles? Which parts of vehicles?
- Photographs: photo verification of problem is required. Digital photos will expedite processing of your claim.
- Call Advantage Marketing Solutions to initiate your complaint.
- Advantage Marketing Solutions will assess your claim. A third party (3M Tech Service) may be called to inspect.
- Advantage Marketing Solutions will make appropriate remedy.
Preparation, installation, care and use of graphics in strict compliance with the following documents are required under terms of this warranty. These bulletins can be faxed to you via 3M’s Fax-On-Demand system. Phone 800-364-0768. They are also available online at www.mmm.com
3M Instruction Bulletin 5.1: Application (Substrate Selection, Preparation and Substrate-specific Application Techniques). Fax on demand number 7001.
3M Instruction Bulletin 5.36: Application (Special Considerations for Auto Graphics). Fax on demand number 7036.
3M Instruction Bulletin 5.5: Application (General Procedures for Interior and Exterior Dry Applications). Fax on demand number 7005.